Founded in 2012, Countfire is on a mission to revolutionise the way electrical estimating is carried out.
Through the development of our flagship takeoff product we have grown a loyal customer base and developed a fantastic reputation across the globe, but we’re far from done.
Our quest continues to create a single unified platform that estimators can’t live without and we can only do that with the right team.
About the team
Although Countfire is an established product we have the hunger and attitude of a young company - the best of both worlds and perfect if you’re looking for somewhere you can make a real impact.
The team comes from a mix of backgrounds. From ex-estimators with a wealth of industry knowledge, to developers and marketers with no estimating experience. But everyone has a lot to offer and are full of ideas and enthusiasm.
We work hard to ‘work smarter’ using new technology tools to increase efficiency across the company, but we appreciate that not everything is in place or is perfect so our team needs to be prepared (and excited!) for change.
- Someone with 2+ years experience in a Saas customer success role
- An electrical estimator, or a support person within the electrical sector, who embraces new technology
- Already with an interest in software you will enjoy helping others learn how to use technology to their own benefit
- You absolutely must be enthusiastic, articulate and confident at speaking to professionals of all levels
- Someone with excellent written communication skills, paying high attention to detail when it comes to spelling and grammar
- You must take pride in your work and enjoy the challenge of hitting KPIs
- As we’re a remote team you must be able to prioritise and execute your workload without needing to be managed
We appreciate that you’ve probably not done a job like this before. Whilst you absolutely will benefit from utilising your previous knowledge and experience as an estimator, the job itself is a totally different ball game. You will be given comprehensive on the job training in a very supportive and collaborative environment.
A Product Specialist on the support team at Countfire primarily deals with inbound support enquiries. That means you will be on hand to answer any questions users may have about the software, responding in a professional and timely manner. You will also be required to run training sessions with new customers as part of their onboarding process.
We pride ourselves on the knowledge of our Product Specialists so you will be expected to learn the product inside out and ensure that our users understand all of the product features that will benefit them. This is where existing estimating experience is essential as you will be able to use your first hand experience to relate to specific user needs.
The key to your success will be maintaining our low response time (we aim to respond to any support requests within 2 minutes!), accurately following internal processes to respond to different support requests efficiently and being able to talk through technical features in a simple way that people can understand.
Providing quality training and support is essential for the success of Countfire so you will be a crucial part of the team. We will look to you for ways to improve our support processes and you should be comfortable bringing new ideas to the table.
As a Product Specialist, what is expected of me?
- To act with honesty and integrity at all times
- To bring your passion for estimating and technology life and channel that into how you deal with our users
- To have a thirst for developing relationships and being able to listen to customer needs and align those needs with our offering
- To be able to think on your feet and provide solutions when you meet perceived road blocks with users
- An open style of communication with your colleagues in sales, customer success and development - we have a highly collaborative approach to how we run our company
- To thrive in a dynamic and fast paced “start-up” environment
Like most organisations, we use a variety of technologies to build our products. Our flagship product uses our own image recognition algorithm to instantly find things in the digital soup that is construction industry PDFs. It's built with Python (numpy), Postgres and Angular and has interesting backend scaling challenges due to the large amount of data we need on every request.
For our most recent architecture, we've adopted a slightly different tech stack to simplify the backend and allow for better real-time syncing. Hasura gives us a GraphQL subscription layer over Postgres, which is transformed to MobX objects for the frontend. Around that, we've built a frontend library that allows for transactions and optimistic updates in an activerecord style for a really nice developer experience.
When we sit down to code, some of us old die-hards still cling to vim, while most others have adopted the warm embrace of VSCode. Whatever your preference, you'll be provided with the tools you most like to work with (new Macbook, display etc).
We're going through a really interesting time right now where we have a product that's considered best in class and our customers are crying out for us to provide them with more tools to make their lives easier. Our focus is now squarely on getting that next product into the wild so we can start iterating on it to delight our customers all over again.
What you’ll get with us
Due to COVID-19, we have shifted to a remote-first policy and while we have standard working hours, we're happy to talk flexible working.
On top of your 25 days holiday (plus your birthday) we also offer a month's paid sabbatical for every three years you’re with the company.
It’s essential that our team keeps learning so we encourage training courses that will benefit you and the company.
From the latest macs to office chairs, no matter where you’re working we’ll make sure you have the right equipment to work efficiently and comfortably.
As well as regular Town Hall meetings to communicate company news we have social ‘donut’ chats and social events (quizzes, escape rooms etc.) to keep the team connected.
We aren’t afraid to show our team we care with birthday and Christmas gifts and performance based rewards (think curry and cocktails delivered to your door!).