Founded in 2012, Countfire is on a mission to revolutionise the way electrical estimating is carried out.
Through the development of our flagship takeoff product we have grown a loyal customer base and developed a fantastic reputation across the globe, but we’re far from done.
Our quest continues to create a single unified platform that estimators can’t live without and we can only do that with the right team.
About the team
Although Countfire is an established product we have the hunger and attitude of a young company - the best of both worlds and perfect if you’re looking for somewhere you can make a real impact.
The team comes from a mix of backgrounds. From ex-estimators with a wealth of industry knowledge, to developers and marketers with no estimating experience. But everyone has a lot to offer and are full of ideas and enthusiasm.
We work hard to ‘work smarter’ using new technology tools to increase efficiency across the company, but we appreciate that not everything is in place or is perfect so our team needs to be prepared (and excited!) for change.
- We’re looking for an electrical or mechanical estimator who embraces new technology as part of your everyday needs
- You absolutely must be enthusiastic, articulate and very confident at speaking to professionals of all levels.
- Ideally you've always been interested in software / computers / the tech industry and want to tap into everything this incredible industry offers.
- A self-starter, with great verbal and written communication skills, comfortable bringing new ideas to the table and able to work within a dynamic and fast paced “start-up” environment.
- As we’re a remote team you must be able to prioritise and execute your workload without needing to be managed.
We appreciate that you’ve probably not done a job like this before. Whilst you absolutely will benefit from utilising your previous knowledge and experience as an estimator, the job itself is a totally different ball game. You will be given comprehensive on the job training in a very supportive and collaborative environment, plus there will be opportunities to attend training courses too.
We just need you to bring a strong work ethic, a “make it happen” approach to life and together we’ll set you on the path to success with us!
A Product Specialist on the customer success team at Countfire primarily deals with supporting potential and existing customers in their use of the software.
The key to your success at the above is based on your ability to develop a comprehensive understanding of their issues and then showing them how our platform can solve those issues, addressing concerns logically, ensuring they have a full working knowledge of all the latest features and providing best practice advice.
You will be mostly involved in live in-app support, 1-2-1 online training and periodic business reviews to ensure we’re delivering value for money and helping them meet their goals
Whether they are on trial or a paid subscriber your role is to ensure that their initial and ongoing experience with us is first class.
Being a SaaS (software as a service) business means that signing up a new user is about more than just a sale, it’s all about having a loyal customer base that love our products and stay with us for years to come. The product specialist on the customer success team has a crucial part to play in this by ensuring that our customers are happy in their use of the software and confident that we will deliver on our promise to dramatically improve their tendering process.
As a Product Specialist, what is expected of me?
- To act with honesty and integrity at all times in every interaction that you have with our customers.
- To bring your passion for life and business and our products and channel that into how you deal with our customers.
- To have a thirst for developing relationships, building rapport, negotiating deals and being able to listen to customer needs and align those needs with our offering
- To be able to think on your feet and provide solutions when you meet perceived road blocks with a customer
- An open style of communication with your colleagues in Sales, Customer Success and Development - we have a highly collaborative approach to how we run our company.
- To take pride in ensuring a high level of verbal and written communication both internally and externally
Like most organisations, we use a variety of technologies to build our products. Our flagship product uses our own image recognition algorithm to instantly find things in the digital soup that is construction industry PDFs. It's built with Python (numpy), Postgres and Angular and has interesting backend scaling challenges due to the large amount of data we need on every request.
For our most recent architecture, we've adopted a slightly different tech stack to simplify the backend and allow for better real-time syncing. Hasura gives us a GraphQL subscription layer over Postgres, which is transformed to MobX objects for the frontend. Around that, we've built a frontend library that allows for transactions and optimistic updates in an activerecord style for a really nice developer experience.
When we sit down to code, some of us old die-hards still cling to vim, while most others have adopted the warm embrace of VSCode. Whatever your preference, you'll be provided with the tools you most like to work with (new Macbook, display etc).
We're going through a really interesting time right now where we have a product that's considered best in class and our customers are crying out for us to provide them with more tools to make their lives easier. Our focus is now squarely on getting that next product into the wild so we can start iterating on it to delight our customers all over again.
What you’ll get with us
Due to COVID-19, we have shifted to a remote-first policy and while we have standard working hours, we're happy to talk flexible working.
On top of your 25 days holiday (plus your birthday) we also offer a month's paid sabbatical for every three years you’re with the company.
It’s essential that our team keeps learning so we encourage training courses that will benefit you and the company.
From the latest macs to office chairs, no matter where you’re working we’ll make sure you have the right equipment to work efficiently and comfortably.
As well as regular Town Hall meetings to communicate company news we have social ‘donut’ chats and social events (quizzes, escape rooms etc.) to keep the team connected.
We aren’t afraid to show our team we care with birthday and Christmas gifts and performance based rewards (think curry and cocktails delivered to your door!).